You can create an assertion for the expected run time of the rule. The expected
run-time assertion is less than or equal to an amount of time that you specify, in
An actual run time that is significantly longer than the expected run time can indicate an
issue. For example, if you are using a report definition to obtain initial values for a data
page from a database, there might be a connectivity issue between the application and the
By default, after you create a Pega unit test case for a data page, the system generates the
expected run-time assertion. The default value of the expected run time is the time that is
taken by the rule to fetch results when the test was first run. The system compares that
time against future run-time tests.
You can change the default value and configure expected run time assertions for all rule
- On the bottom of the Definition tab, click Add
- From the Assertion type list, select Expected run
- In the Value field, enter a value, in seconds, that specifies
the amount of time within which the execution of the rule should be completed.
- Optional: If you want the test case to fail when the rule is not run within the specified time,
select the Fail the test case when this validation fails check
- Optional: To add a comment, click the Add comment icon, enter a comment,
and click OK.
- Click Save.