Configuring settings to automatically apply schema changes
You can configure settings to automatically deploy schema changes that are in an application package that is to be deployed on candidate systems. Configure these settings so that you do not have to apply schema changes if you do not have the privileges to deploy them.
- On the candidate system, in Pega Platform, set the
AutoDBSchemaChanges dynamic system setting to true to
enable schema changes at the system level.
- In Designer Studio, search for AutoDBSchemaChanges.
- In the dialog box that appears for the search results, click AutoDBSchemaChanges.
- On the Settings tab, in the Value field, enter true.
- Click Save.
- Add the SchemaImport privilege to your access role to enable schema changes at the user level. For more information, see Specifying privileges for an Access or Role to Object rule.
For more information about the database/AutoDBSchemaChanges dynamic system setting, see Importing rules and data by using a direct connection to the database.
- Understanding schema changes in application packages
If an application package that is to be deployed on candidate systems contains schema changes, the Pega Platform orchestration server checks the candidate system to verify that you have the required privileges to deploy the schema changes. One of the following results occurs:
Previous topic Understanding aged updates Next topic Understanding schema changes in application packages