Create a pipeline by defining the production and simulation environments and the application details for the pipeline. By using a data migration pipeline, you can export and import simulation data automatically.
- Click Pipelines.
- Click New.
- On the Environment Details page, if you are using
Deployment Manager on-premises, configure environment details. This information is automatically populated if you are using Deployment in Pega Cloud Services environments, but you can change it.
- In the Environment fields, enter the URLs of the production and simulation environments.
- If you are using your own authentication profiles, from the Auth profile lists, select the authentication profiles that you want the orchestration server to use to communicate with the production and simulation environments.
- Click Next.
- On the Application details page, specify the enterprise
application information for which you are creating the pipeline.
- From the Application list, select the name of the enterprise application.
- From the Version list, select the enterprise application version.
- From the Access group list, select the access group for which you want to run pipeline tasks. This access group must be present on the production and simulation environments and have at least the sysadmin4 role.
- In the Name of the pipeline field, enter the pipeline name.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish. Update impact
Updating Deployment Manager can potentially impact the status of your data migration pipeline. See the table below for any update impact and how to resolve potential issues.
Created in version Updated to 5.1 Updated to 5.2 Updated to 5.3 4.x Reuse the existing pipeline Reuse the existing pipeline Update pipeline using migration assistant or recreate a new pipeline 5.1 Not applicable Reuse the existing pipeline Update pipeline using migration assistant or recreate a new pipeline 5.2 Not applicable Not applicable Update pipeline using migration assistant or recreate a new pipeline