Embedding and reusing scenario tests
You can record a scenario test and save it as a reusable component to embed in one or more scenario tests. Reusing scenario tests reduces the effort to create the same scenario test multiple times.
When you run a scenario test with embedded scenario tests, the system runs the embedded scenario tests in the sequence in which the tests are listed. Then, the system runs any other setup steps.
What to do next:
Note the following information about reusing scenario tests:
- The scenario tests that you want to embed has to belong to the same user portal.
- There is no limit on the number of reusable scenario tests that you can embed in a scenario test.
- Record and save the scenario test that you want to configure as a reusable test. For more information about recording scenario tests, see Creating scenario tests.
- In Dev Studio, open the test case. For more information, see Opening a scenario test case.
- On the Definition tab, at the top of the
Scenario test case page, select the
Reusable check box.
Note: If a scenario test is configured to use embedded scenario tests, you cannot mark that scenario test as reusable.
- Click Save.
- Open the scenario test into which you want to embed the reusable scenario test.
- Click the Setup & Cleanup tab.
- Expand Embed and execute other test cases on start.
- Click Add scenario test case.
- In the Of class field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the class to which the scenario test case belongs.
- In the Name of test case field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the test case that you want to reuse.
- Click Save.
Review the video.
Previous topic Pega Test Automation Kit 1.4 Next topic Pega Test Automation Kit 1.3