Performing ad hoc tasks
By using ad hoc tasks, you can independently perform package and deploy actions outside of the context of a deployment, which is useful for exporting artifacts from the production environment and importing them into a lower environment, or for packaging and deploying artifacts if a Deployment Manager pipeline is not available.
- If a pipeline is not open, in the navigation pane of Deployment Manager, click , and then click the name of a pipeline.
- From the navigation banner, click .
- In the Run ad hoc tasks window, select an environment and an authentication profile.
- Select a task that you want to run on an artifact:
- To package an artifact, on the Task menu click Package, and enter the repository name, product name, and version that you want to package.
- To deploy an artifact, on the Task menu click Deploy, and enter the repository name and artifact path for the package you want to deploy.
- Select Execute task
Previous topic Rolling back a deployment Next topic Troubleshooting issues with your pipeline