Anypicker and Multi-select support in scenario testing
Scenario tests now support multiple new controls in text fields to include both Anypicker and Multi-select. Anypicker is used to enhance navigation in your scenario test by grouping drop-down list items into expandable categories, and Multi-select allows you to record more than one value for a single field on a form.
- Launch App Studio or Dev Studio, based on where you want to perform the test.
- Do one of the following to open the automation recorder:
- In App Studio, on the lower-left side of the screen, click the Test icon.
- In Dev Studio, on the lower-right side of the screen, toggle the run-time toolbar, and then click the Toggle Automation Recorder icon.
- In the Scenario tests pane, click Create test
case, and then select the test type:
- To record a test for a portal, select Portal.
- To record a test for a case, select Case type,
and then select the type of case for which you want to record the
Note: When you select the case type, a new case of that type is created.
- Record the steps for the test by clicking the UI elements.
Result: When you hover over a testable element, an orange highlight box appears. When you click an element, you record an implicit assertion and add the interaction to the list of test steps.
- Click on an inspectable text field, denoted by an orange highlight.
- If the pyTextArea is being used for Anypicker, use the dropdown menu to select the required input.
- If the pyTextArea is being used for Multi-Select, add as many input values as necessary.
- Continue recording as many steps as necessary. When you finish adding steps, in
the Test case pane, click Stop and save test
Result: The test case appears on the Scenario testing landing page. Previous topic Pega Test Automation Kit 1.2 Next topic Setting up and cleaning the context for a scenario test