To create a unit test suite, add test cases and test suites to the suite and then modify the order in which you want them to run. You can also modify the context in which to save the scenario test suite, such as the development branch or the ruleset.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click Create new suite.
- Optional: In Description, enter information that you want to include with the test suite. For example, enter information about when to run the test suite.
- In the Category list, click the type of scenario test suite you
- To informally test a feature, select Ad-hoc.
- To verify critical application functionality, select Smoke.
- To confirm that changes have not adversely affected other application functionality, select Regression.
- Optional: Provide a value, in seconds, that specifies the length of time within which the run time of the suite should complete in the Expected max runtime field. If you want the test suite to fail when the expected run time has been exceeded, select the Fail the test suite when runtime validation fails check box.
- Add unit tests cases or other test suites to the test suite:
- To add test cases to the test suite, in the Test cases section, click Add, select the test cases to include in the suite, and then click Add.
- To add test suites to the test suite, in the Test suites section, click Add, select the test suites to include in the suite, and then click Add.
- Optional: To change the order in which the test cases or test suites run, drag them to a different position in the sequence.
- Save the test suite:
- Click Save and then enter a Label
that describes the purpose of the test suite.
- Optional: In the Context section, change details about the environment
in which the test suite will run. You can:
- Change the development branch in which to save the scenario test suite.
- Select a different application for which to run the scenario test suite.
- Select a different ruleset in which to save the scenario test.
- Click Save and then enter a Label that describes the purpose of the test suite.
- Click Save.
- Complete any of the following actions:
- Remove test cases or suites from the test suite by selecting them and clicking Remove.
- Apply one or more data pages, data transforms, or activities to set up the clipboard before running a test suite in the Setup section of the Setup & Cleanup tab. You can also create objects, load work and data objects, and add user pages from the clipboard which will be available on the clipboard when running the test suite. For more information, see Setting up your test environment.
- Apply additional data transforms or activities to clean up the clipboard in the Cleanup section of the Setup & Cleanup tab. You can also prevent the test data from being removed after the test suite runs. For more information, see Cleaning up your test environment.
- Run a configured test suite by clicking .
- View more details about the latest result by clicking View details in the banner. Viewing details is possible after a test suite runs. For more information, see Viewing unit test suite run results.
- To view historical information about previous test runs, such as test date, the run time, expected run time, and whether test passed or failed, click View previous runs.
- Click Save. If you are saving the form for the first time, you can modify the Identifier. After you save the rule form, you cannot modify this field.