Ensure that the test covers your current portal or case type scenario by updating an existing scenario test when the user interface or process flow changes. You can save time and effort by keeping existing tests functional instead of creating new ones.
- Launch the portal in which you want to do the test
- Do one of the following to open the automation recorder:
- In App Studio, on the lower-left side of the screen, click the Test icon.
- In Dev Studio, on the lower-right side of the screen, toggle the run-time toolbar, and then click the Toggle Automation Recorder icon.
- In the Scenario tests pane, click the name of the test that you want to edit, and then click Edit.
- Update the test sequence by clicking the More icon next
to a step, and then selecting an action:
- To remove a step from the test case, click Remove step.
- To add a step to the test case, click Add
The test runs from the start and stops at the selected step so that you can add steps to the specific part of the test sequence.
- To record the test case again from a specific step, click
Re-record from here.
All steps after the selected step are removed. The test runs from the start and stops at the selected step so that you can add steps to the end of the test sequence.
- Optional: To modify a step, click the Edit icon next to a step, modify the assertions and other properties of the step, and then click Save step.
- Click Save.