Viewing application quality metrics
Quickly identify areas within your application that need improvement by viewing metrics related to your application's health on the Application Quality dashboard.
For example, view your application's compliance score and see the number and severity of guardrail violations that were found in your application. You can then improve your application's compliance score and overall quality by investigating and resolving the violations.
To open the Application Quality dashboard, from the Dev Studio header, click.
You can view the following metrics:
- Rule, case, and application – View the number of executable rules (functional rules that are supported by test coverage) and the number of case types in the selected applications. To view metrics for a different combination of applications, select a different list on the Application: Quality Settings page.
- Guardrail compliance – View the compliance score and the number of guardrail violations for the included applications, as well as a graph of changes to the compliance score over time. To see more details about the application's guardrail compliance, click View details.
- Test coverage – View the percentage and number of rules that are
covered by tests, and the last generation date of the application-level coverage report for
the selected applications, as well as a graph of changes to application-level coverage over
time. To see test coverage reports or to generate a new coverage report, click
Note: If the EnableBuiltOnAppSelectionForQuality switch is turned on, then coverage sessions metrics are also displayed on the Application Quality Dashboard for the built-on applications selected in Application: Quality Settings.
- Unit testing – View the percentage and number of Pega unit test cases that passed for the selected applications, over the period selected on the Application Quality Settings landing page. The graph illustrates the changes to the test pass rate over time. To see reports about test compliance and test execution, click View details.
- Case types – View guardrail score, severe guardrail warnings, test coverage, unit test pass rate, and scenario test pass rate for each case type in the applications. To view additional details about a case type, click View details.
- Data types – View guardrail score, severe guardrail warnings, test coverage, and unit test pass rate for each data type in the applications. To view additional details about a data type, click View details.
- Other rules – View guardrail score, test coverage, test pass rate, the number of warnings, a list of rules with warnings, the number and list of uncovered rules, and the number and list of failed test cases for rules that are used in the selected applications but that are not a part of any case type.
- Application quality metrics
The Application Quality dashboard displays metrics for guardrails, test coverage, and unit testing that you can use to assess the overall health of your application and identify areas that require improvement. You can change the default ranges for the color codes by modifying the corresponding when rules in the Data-Application-Quality class.
Previous topic Analyzing application quality metrics Next topic Application quality metrics