This presentation is part of the Application Profile and Enterprise Application Accelerator Self-Study Course.
You are first asked to Select the Application Profile from the dropdown list. Note that if you start from an Application Profile, the name of the profile defaults on the form. In our case, the profile created for the Time Off application is selected.
The Application Details center on the Framework and Implementation names.
- A Framework refers to the generalized layer that enables assets to be used across implementations
- The Implementation is the specialized layer where assets specific only to the implementation are placed
You have the option to:
- Build a new framework and implementation
- Select a New Implementation Based on a Framework (i.e., extending an application from one of Pega’s pre-built frameworks or from a previously built framework)
- Extend an Existing Implementation.
Next, enter the Framework Name and the Implementation Name. These will become the names of the application rules and the versions. In our case, we will have an HR application (framework) and a Time-Off application (implementation). The HR application becomes the general application, with the Time-Off application becoming the specialized application.