You can filter a list view display to show only pertinent data and fields. By editing a list view rule, you can choose which fields can be added or removed from the list view when filtering it.
- Filtering of list views is limited to text properties only.
- Changes made to the list view display are temporary and do not alter the list view rule.
As an example, create a list view rule that displays the individual work objects created by an operator.
Create the list view:
- From the Rules by Type explorer, select Reports > List View.
- Click New. The New List View Rule dialog box displays.
- In the View Purpose field, enter the name of the list view rule. Choose the appropriate RuleSet and Version Number and click Create.
- On the Display Fields tab, under the Header Settings section, check the check boxes next to Enable Sorting?, Enable Adding/Removing Columns, and Enable Filtering.
- On the Display Fields tab, under the Show These Fields section, enter the fields you want the report to include:
On the Display Fields tab, you can set a field to not be displayed by default in the list view by checking the Optional checkbox.
- Save the List view and click the Run button. The List View displays.
The right side of every column containing a text property has a filter button. Click this button to display a popup dialog where you can filter the data displayed in the list view.
Your options for filtering the contents of the list view are:
- By Content - You can filter the list view to display only the selected data by checking the checkbox next to the individual objects in the filter list.
- Custom Filter - You can also enter text in the custom filter section to filter the list view according to the text entered
- Add/Remove Columns - Clicking on Add/Remove columns displays a list of all available columns for the list view. Select which columns to display and which to hide by checking the checkbox next to the columns in the filter list.