Adding single steps to processes
Model your business process with basic tasks that users or automations resolve, by adding steps to your case life cycle. When users complete steps, your case moves closer to its resolution and to achieving your business goal.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In a process, click Step, and then select a step type
that you want to add.
- To add a step that displays a form that users complete to provide data, click Collect information.
- To add an approval step, click
Adding an approval step automatically creates an alternate stage in a case life cycle. For more information, see Creating an alternate stage.
- To add a step that creates multiple screens with which users interact to
provide data, click Multi-step form.
For more information, see Adding a multi-step form to a stage.
- To add an existing process as a single step, click , and then select the process that you want to use.
- To add a step that requires human interaction, such as manually adjusting a service-level agreement, click , and then select an action that you want to use.
- To add an automation that an application performs, click
For more information, see Adding an automated step to a process., and then select an automation that you want to use.
- Optional: To provide a unique name for the step, in the text field, replace the default step label with a descriptive name.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Adding a sequential process to a stage Next topic Adding personas to organize users