Associating attachment categories with case types
To ensure that the workers who process your Microjourney have the relevant information, associate attachment categories with your case type. Visualizing the attachments required by your Microjourney helps you to gain a better overview of the information that your application users need to deliver. You can also communicate to your stakeholders what documents or other attachments are crucial in the Microjourney.For example, in a hiring process, you can indicate that a job applicant should provide scanned documents, for example letters of recommendations.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the Data & Interfaces section, click , and then define the attachment category:
Choices Actions Use an existing attachment category Select the attachment category from the list of categories. Create a new attachment category
- Click New attachment category.
- In the New attachment category dialog
box, in the Name field, provide a
descriptive name for the attachment category.
For example: Enter Letters of recommendation.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To add more categories for the attachment, click
Category, and then repeat step 2.For example, you might need more attachment categories when you need a document in a printed version and as a digital file.
- Optional: To communicate when you want to include the attachment in your Microjourney, associate the attachment category with a
- In the Additional details section, in the Release list, select the release.
- Optional: To indicate how much time the development team needs to implement the
attachment, in the Complexity list, select a
Implementing an attachment category includes defining storage options and editing the case life cycle to include the attachment in an assignment or other step type.The attachment category complexity affects project estimation and expected development duration.
- Optional: To provide more information, in the Comment text box, enter a short description.
- When you implement the attachment category, select the Mark as done check box.
- Optional: To change the attachment category, in the Category properties pane, in the Select category list, select a different category.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Implementing draft data objects Next topic The Microjourney in the Pega Express delivery approach FAQ