Associating personas with channels
To ensure that the participants of your Microjourney interact with your application in the most relevant way, create draft relationships between personas and channels. When you associate personas with channels, you clearly visualize what means of communication your development team needs to implement to deliver an efficient and flexible application.You can associate a persona with multiple channels, and then assign the channels to different releases. For example, for a hiring process, you can associate an HR worker with a web channel and a mobile channel. In the first release of your application, the HR worker can process cases by using a web portal. In the second release, the HR worker can then also work on a mobile device.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the Personas & Channels section, locate the persona that you want to associate with a channel, and then click Add channel.
- In the channels list, select a channel type that you want to associate with the
persona, for example, Mobile.
Result: If you already have a channel of the selected type in your application, App Studio adds the channel below the persona.
- Optional: To create a new channel, provide details for the channel:
- In the Channel properties pane, in the list of available channels, select Create new.
- In the New channel dialog box, in the
Name field, enter a short description for
For example: Enter Job applications mobile processor.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To change a channel assigned to the persona, in the Channel properties pane, in the Portal list, select a different channel.
- Optional: To plan when you want to include the channel in your Microjourney, associate the channel with a release:
- In the Additional details section, in the Release list, select the release.
- Optional: To indicate how much time the development team needs to implement the
channel, in the Complexity list, select a
Implementing a channel includes completing all the actions necessary for a persona to begin using a channel, which are configuring a persona to access the channel and case type, updating the stage in the case type to support the required use case, and updating the channel so that the persona can access it in this stage.Channel complexity affects project estimations and expected development duration.
- Optional: To provide more information about a channel, in the Comment text box, enter a short description.
- When you implement the channel, select the Mark as
done check box.You implement a channel after you configure a persona, a case type, and the channel itself, so that the persona can access the channel in the relevant stage of the case type.
- Optional: To associate more channels with the persona, repeat steps 2 through 6.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Associating personas with case types Next topic Granting personas access to channels and pages