Associating rules with features
Document the rules that implement a feature to improve the traceability and extensibility of your application. When you associate a feature with a rule, you can conveniently check which elements exactly build your application, so that you can make informed decisions when you decide to reuse a feature in another application.For example, you can associate a feature that represents your business process template for reviewing loan requests with rules that define a case type, a service-level agreement, and an email message. As a result, you get a holistic view of the elements that build your feature.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Overview.
- In the Features section, click the name of a feature.
- On the Associated rules tab, click Add rule.
- In the Type field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a
rule type to narrow the list of rules that you can select.
For example: Select Case Type.
- In the Name field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the
rule that you want to associate with the feature.
For example: Select Review loan request. Tip: To narrow the list of results and help you decide which rule to choose when more than one rule has the same name, you can enter a class name in the Applies to field. Otherwise, the system autopopulates the Applies to field.
The following figure shows an association between a feature and a case type rule:
Previous topic Triaging a feedback item Next topic Associating a feature with a work item