Implementing draft data objects
Provide data that is necessary to process your business cases and meet your goals by implementing draft data objects. When you plan your Microjourney, you can associate draft data objects with case types. By turning these data objects into permanent elements, you ensure that your customers can process the Microjourney successfully.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- Click Data objects and integrations.
- Click a draft data object that you want to persist.Draft data object names have (Draft) appended to a descriptive name, for example Address information (Draft), as shown in the following figure:
- In the Data model section, click Create data model.
- In the Create new data model field, enter the name for the type of information that you want to model.
- In the Define source data field, define a location for
your data by selecting one of the following options:
- To set a local Pega data object, select
Now, and then select Pega
in the Systems list.
By connecting to Pega database storage, you can add fields and complete your data model. When your data model is complete, and your external data sources are available, you can optionally connect to them too.
- To define a source system later, for example if your source system is not yet ready, select Later.
- To set a local Pega data object, select Now, and then select Pega in the Systems list.
- Click Submit.
- To prioritize work and start implementing draft relationships defined during planning your Microjourney, analyze your application inventory. For more information, see Managing application inventory.
- To provide meaningful information for your data object, define fields. For more information, see Defining the fields in a data object.
Previous topic Associating data objects with case types Next topic Associating attachment categories with case types