Inviting collaborators to your application
Enhance your application and begin processing your business cases by inviting collaborators with different skills and roles.When you invite collaborators, you define the type of access that you grant to the users of your application. Your application illustrates different user and access types by personas. You can select from personas that reflect run-time users, and developer roles that correspond with design-time users. For example, you can invite members of a development team and associate them with developer roles, so that the team can start working on your application. You can also invite run-time users to process work in your application and, for example, associate them with a customer service representative (CSR) persona.
- Populate the list of available personas. For more information, see Creating personas.
Administrator and author personas are available by default.
- Define the types of access that different users of your application can have. For more information, see Granting personas access to channels and pages.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Users, and then click User management.
- On the People tab, in the working area, click Invite people to your application.
- In the Add users to application window, in the autocomplete field,
press the Down arrow key, and then select a user name or email address.
Result: If you enter an email address that does not exist as an operator in the system, the system creates a new user.
- In the list of personas, define the type of access for the user of your application, by
selecting a role:
- To invite run-time users, select an option from the Personas section of the list.
- To invite design-time users, select an option from the Developer roles section of the list.
For example: Associate the user with a run-time CSR persona, as shown in the following figure:
- Click Add.
- Send an email with an invitation to the user by clicking Send invitation.
- To invite more users, repeat steps 3 through 6.
- Close the Add users to application dialog box.
Previous topic Creating applications Next topic Editing application details in App Studio