Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Hotfix Manager identifies, installs, and manages hotfixes to Pega 7 and participating Industry Applications
Hotfixes are packages of files that address issues in Pega 7 and participating Industry Applications. With Hotfix Manager, you can:
- Scan your system for installed and missing critical hotfixes and create a report that you can provide to Pegasystems Support for diagnostic purposes.
- Review the descriptions and contents of hotfixes.
- Install, rollback, and commit hotfixes.
- Manage hotfixes that include schema changes or require other special handling.
Hotfix Manager includes both a user-interface tool and a command-line tool. You can perform the same actions from both tools.
Scanning the system for installed and missing critical hotfixes
Displaying hotfix details
The Hotfix Manager replaces the Update Manager Hotfix Installer and System Scanner, both of which are deprecated.
Hotfix life cycle
The hotfix life cycle includes these states:
- Not installed – Hotfixes that are not yet installed on your system.
- Installed but uncommitted – Uncommitted hotfixes are installed on your system. Pega 7 can use these hotfixes, however they can still be rolled back to remove them from the system.
- Rolled back – Rolled back hotfixes were installed but have been removed from the system. These hotfixes can be reinstalled later if necessary.
- Committed – Committed hotfixes are permanent on the system. You cannot rollback a committed hotfix.
For more information, see Hotfix Manager.