In some situations, you may wish to block a rule from being executed.
Blocking a rule means that whenever this rule is selected by rule resolution, an error occurs and is recorded in the Pega log.
Use this feature to immediately prevent a rule from executing. If you want, you can implement less drastic solutions later and then unblock the rule.
To block an existing rule:
1. Open the rule to be blocked. Check out the rule (if required).
2. In the icon list at the top of the rule form, click the Availability icon (to the right of the Related Rules icon).
3. The Change Availability dialog box displays.
4. Choose Blocked from the Availability dropdown for this rule.
5. Click Save.
6. The rule appears in a grayed-out form. The Availability icon in the upper-right of the form is an X in a circle, showing that this rule is Blocked.