You can change the availability of a rule.
As you create an application, you may wish to control how other developers can copy or change those rules. For example, your application may include a rule that must stay as is and not be changed (perhaps for legal reasons). You may also find a rule which is now out-of-date and should be excluded during rule resolution.
The Availability option on a rule allows you to prevent rules from being overriden,and to turn off rules that are no longer applicable. The Availability options are:
- No/Draft Mode
See Understanding rule availability for details on each option.
To change the Availability option on a new rule:
1. Open the New Rule Instance form.
2. In the Availability field, choose the appropriate Availability.
3. Complete other fields and click Create.
To change the Availability option on an existing rule:
1. Open the rule. Check out the rule (if required.)
2. In the Developer toolbar , click the Availability button (to the right of the Related Rules button).
3. The Change Availability dialog box displays.
4. Choose the availability for this rule.
5. Click Save.