Creating an interactive staked bar chart, or any other kind of chart including, pie, bar, column, area and line, is intuitive and easy when you use the Add or Edit Chart dialog from the Report Definition rule form.
The Add or Edit Chart dialog provides accessible functionality that can easily manipulate and transform data into any kind of chart. The chart is visible in the Report Viewer; from the Report Viewer you can make changes and save them without having to return to the Report Definition rule form.
Example stacked bar chart: Work Items Resolved by Operator
To create a report like the one above using the Add or Edit dialog, complete the following steps:
- At the Report Viewer, click the () Add or Edit Chart dialog.
- The Add or Edit Chart dialog appears. On the left-hand side, various types of charts are available (the dialog opens to the Types.
- To create a stacked bar chart, click Bar in the left-hand column.
- Select Stacked.
- Click OK to view your data presented in as a stacked bar chart (as seen in the Purchase Orders chart, above). Or, click the tabs to the right of Type for more options.
- For example, the Data tab allows for changes to how date within you chart is presented. The default setting under Group By Column(s) is Operator Name.
- The Axes column allows for modifications to the axes of both the Group By Column Axis and the Summarized Column Axis.
- The Options tab lists several kinds of custom options, including settings for changing the buttons on the chart, window display options, legend, and slider options.
- In order to change the fonts style and appearance of text in the labels of you chart, use the Labels tab to do so for both the axes and the chart title.