If you created a web adapter and interrogated everything using Global Web Pages, you will not have a WebBrowser control to which you can assign the Navigate() method to go to a specific URL. To add this control, follow these steps:
Note: Keep in mind that if the IgnoreMainBrowser property is set to True (the default), Studio creates a WebDocument instead of a WebBrowser.
- Start the interrogation.
- Click the Windows tab in the Designer window.
- Click the List Windows button.
- In the search box at the bottom of the Designer search for Internet explorer_server. This is the WebBrowser control.
- From the tree, right-click on the control and select Create Control.
- This adds the WebBrowser and its hierarchy to Object Explorer.
- Depending on your needs, you may need to delete or update the Window Text Match Rule created for the top two controls in this hierarchy.