A Smart Info details display is information that you define in a section rule that either:
- pops up when you hover the mouse pointer over a row in a report, or
- is embedded in the row and displays when you click the expand arrow at the beginning of the row
This article explains how to add a SmartInfo details display in a row of a report.
In V5.5, you can use either or both of two distinct SmartInfo displays to report elements — one that appears upon hover and another that appears upon right-click. See How to create reports that offer users two distinct SmartInfo displays.
Note, in V6.1 use Smart Info with report definition rules. See How to add a SmartInfo display in a row of a report definition rule.
- Create an activity that uses the Show-Stream method to display the contents of a section rule that contains the SmartInfo details. For instructions about enabling a SmartInfo details display, see How to enable a SmartInfo details display on report rows. The figure shows an example of a section rule.
- Create or edit a list view or summary view rule.
- Open the Format tab.
- In the SmartInfo Settings section,
- Enter text to appear in the header of the pop-up window.
- In the Content field, specify the activity that renders the HTML text. If the Applies To class of the report is derived from the Assign- base class, you can reference the standard activity Assign-.getWorkItemSmartInfo, as in this example. (For instructions on the activity, see How to enable a SmartInfo details display on report rows.)
- Enable the Embedded? check box.
- Click the Save toolbar button.
- Click the Run toolbar button. The view displays the report with an arrow on the left side of each row. Click the arrow to display or hide the Smart Info information.