The support user roles that are available for assignment vary depending on whether your account is qualified as an on-premise Pega product account, Client Managed Cloud account or a Pega Cloud service account.
On Premise or Client Managed Cloud
|Pega Cloud||Role Details|
|Account Administrator||Yes||Yes||3 is the recommended minimum|
|* General Support Access||Yes||Yes||All affiliated users have this role by default|
|Security Contact||Yes||Yes||1 or more senior managers, or similar authorities|
One or more for multiple production systems;
one per project or department might be appropriate.
*All users affiliated to an account can monitor and submit support tickets for the account.
When your Account Administrator manages the support contacts for your Pega account, they assign each contact, role-based access to work with support and self-service resources at Pega.
The Account Administrator role grants the user the ability to add and remove support contacts and grants the authority to modify the role assignments for any user.
Your account should have at least three (3) Account Administrators for contingency.
As an Administrator you should:
- Review and update the support contacts for your Pegasystems support account at least quarterly and when you renew your support contract.
- More frequent reviews of your support contacts is recommended, especially when personnel changes occur.
The General Support Access role is assigned by default when your Account Administrator adds a user to your support account.
General Support Access grants the user permission to the following resources:
- My Support Portal to create, view, update, and subscribe to support cases
- Digital Software Delivery to order and download Pega software
- Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud to monitor the performance and health of applications, for both on-premises and cloud environments.
If you have this role, you will receive communications related to support issues from Pega. You can unsubscribe from communications via Notification Preferences. See My Support Portal Frequently Asked Questions for details
The Security Contact role designates the user as an official security contact for the account. Security Contacts may receive periodic security alerts from Pegasystems.
Important: You must have at least one Security Contact assigned to your account at all times. This is especially important for Pega Cloud accounts as they are required to approve all Cloud Change requests.
- Senior managers or similar authorities should be assigned this role.
- For Pega Cloud service accounts, the Security Contact is, by default, the person who authorizes Cloud Change (CC) requests for Cloud systems that have an information security impact. Cloud Change (CC) requests, that have an information security impact, require written client security approval. For details see Change Management for Pega Cloud Services.
- In production environments, ensure that Pega Cloud client information is protected.
The Cloud Specialist role (formerly divided between the Cloud Admin and Cloud Change roles) grants the user permission to the following resources:
- My Support Portal to create, view, update, and subscribe to support cases of type: For Something I need > Request Type > Cloud Change
- My Pega Cloud to manage cloud environments as explained in Managing your environments in the My Pega Cloud portal.
- Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud to monitor the performance and health of applications, for both on-premises and cloud environments
In addition, the Cloud Specialist plays a critical role as the primary communication channel and approver of maintenance requests.
The Cloud Specialist is the individual who the Pegasystems Cloud Support Team alerts of any issues with your Cloud system.
Cloud Specialists receive system status alerts when issues are detected during routine environment monitoring, when Pegasystems proactively identifies an issue needing attention, and when urgent Cloud system status messages are sent from the Pegasystems Cloud Support team.
As a Cloud Specialist you will receive notifications from Pega for both product and cloud issues. You can unsubscribe from communications via Notification Preferences. See My Support Portal Frequently Asked Questions for details.
- You must always have at least one Cloud Specialist assigned to your Pega Cloud service account.
- Pega has implemented granular access to Pega Cloud client environments in My Support Portal (MSP) and My Pega Cloud (MPC). If you have multiple production systems, potentially associated with different projects or departments, you can affiliate ‘Cloud Specialist’ users with specific cloud projects and environments. See the Add new user section of Managing Support Contacts for full details.
- Once you affiliate a user with a specific project or environment groups, the user will notice the following impact in MSP and MPC:
- In MSP, the user will only receive cloud maintenance notifications from the projects and environments with which they are affiliated.
- In MPC, the user will only be able to download logs and restart environments for those projects and environments with which they are affiliated.
- Regardless of their affiliation, the user will still be able to see all data in MSP and MPC and create cloud change tickets for any project or environment
- Select individuals with the appropriate expertise and judgment to serve in this significant role.
- The Cloud Specialist works with the Security Contact for your Pega Cloud service account.
- The Cloud Specialist has access to My Pega Cloud to manage cloud environments as explained in Managing your environments in the My Pega Cloud portal.