When you create a support case in My Support Portal, you are provided with a form that guides you through the process. The system will prompt you to provide relevant information based on the basic details of your case.
Be prepared to include the following information:
- Clearly state the business impact of the issue, considering the effect the issue is having on end users, development teams, and project milestones.
- Provide a description of the issue, including the steps to replicate it.
- Provide relevant supporting information. Here are some examples:
- Screen shots that illustrate the issue, preferably in a Word document with the steps to reproduce
- Log files, for example, Pega logs, Application server logs, Utility-specific logs
- Relevant information from PDC or AES
- Performance tool (PAL) results
- Tracer results
- JVM settings
- System settings (prconfig.xml file settings or Dynamic System Settings, DSS)
- Provide any root cause or diagnostic analysis you’ve completed prior to raising the Support ticket.
- Reference any relevant articles from your self-service investigations by way of the Support Center.
Providing this information at the outset can expedite the investigation process, root cause analysis, and resolution.
During the investigation the support team will guide you in collecting any additional information that might be needed to further the investigation of your case.