This presentation is part of the Portals Overview Self-Study Course.
In this scenario, a customer has decided that for security purposes, a person in the WorkUser access group should not have his/her "Profile" gadget displayed as the links in a gadget since that link provides access to rule forms. Also, the client does not actually perform adjustments, so those options in the “Find” gadget are invalid and should be removed.
The following steps need to be done to resolve this requirement:
- Copy the WorkUser Rule-Portal instance to your custom RuleSet Version.
- Remove the Gadget titled "Profile" from the array listed under the Narrow column of Work Section in the Tabs tab.
- Copy the findWorkByIDQueryNext gadget to your RuleSet. In the HTML of that gadget, comment out the reports you wish to hide. You may either use the same name of the Gadget, or rename the Gadget. If you rename the gadget, update the Portal rule to include the newly named Gadget.
- Approve the changes to the Portal.
- Have the user log onto the application once the Portal rule has been successfully updated.