Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
DCO 6.1 - Upgrading from older versions of DCO
This article describes what happens to Direct Capture objects, rules, and links when you upgrade your system to:
- Process Commander Version 6.1 or one of its service packs.
- Process Commander Version 6.2 or one of its service packs.
Prior versions of DCO (SP2, 3.1 and 3.2) are backward compatible and can be installed on Process Commander V5.4 and V5.5 systems, though released with later versions.
For Process Commander V6.1 and V6.2, the DCO features are included as standard features of a Process Commander system. This means that you must upgrade your system to Process Commander V6.1 or V6.2 to take advantage of the DCO features and functions provided in those releases.
The following DCO assets created in any DCO version are carried forward and reusable following the upgrade:
- Application rules
- Application Use Case rules
- Application Requirement rules
- Links between rules and use cases and requirements
- Application Document wizard settings
- Application profiles — resolved and in-process
Existing Application Accelerator objects cannot be reopened or reused. New accelerator objects must be created when you want to build an application, framework, or add a new implementation.
Existing application profiles can be reopened or updated before using them in the Application Accelerator.
When upgrading from Process Commander V5.x to either Process Commander V6.1 or V6.2:
When you upgrade from Process Commander V5.x to Process Commander V6.1 or V6.2, and you have existing DCO use cases and requirements, you must run the LinkUpdateUtility activity in your upgraded system to update links to those use cases and requirements in the new version:
- In Process Commander, search for LinkUpdateUtility.
- In the Search Results window, click the activity LinkUpdateUtility to open the activity rule.
- Click the Run icon () in the tool bar of the rule. The Run Rule window opens.
- Click Execute in the Run Rule window.
When the activity is finished, it reports the number of links examined and updated. This activity performs the following tasks:
- Searches the system for all links, regardless of version.
- For each link, it brings the rules at both endpoints up to the rule-resolved version and creates a link between those two versions, if one doesn't already exist.
- For rules that have been blocked or withdrawn, it does nothing.
- For rules that have been manually unlinked in some, but not all, RuleSet versions, it relinks them. For example, if a use case in a version 01-01-01 was linked to a requirement in 01-01-01, but the 01-01-02 versions of the rules were not linked, this activity relinks the 01-01-01 versions (or whatever the highest version is according to rule resolution).
Return to About the Direct Capture of Objectives
Previous topic DCO 6.1 - What's New Next topic DCO 6.1 - Creating Discovery Maps