Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
DCO 6.1 - Using the DCO Application Enablement Wizard
The DCO Application Enablement wizard allows you to add or update requirements, use cases, actors and work types to an existing application that is either partially DCO enabled or not at all.
Enabling an application through this wizard allows you to leverage other Direct Capture capabilities — Application Document wizard, Application Profiler, and Application Accelerator - as you plan and build out new functionality, or extend the application.
To enable an application in V6.2 that was not initially developed using DCO, open its application rule and use the Discover Work Types button to locate work types that are in the system and available to the application. The work types are added to the Work Types array of the application rule, and DCO capabilities are enabled for the application.
Example of the Discover Work Types button in an application rule:
Starting the Wizard
The wizard can be started, updated, and run by users who have access to the Designer Studio.
From the portal, select > Application > Tools > DCO Enable Application.
Alternatively, you can open an existing enablement wizard object by selecting the All Wizards option from the same Tools menu.
This option displays displays a list of open wizard objects in your system. Click a row to open an enablement object. It is useful when you want to find objects that have previously been resolved or created by others.
Navigating the Wizard
When the wizard starts, a unique object prefixed with UA- is assigned and displayed in the header of the window. A set of input tabs display on the left side of the screen. A help icon displays on the right side of the header.
Note: The wizard defaults information from and enables your current application and version. Your current application is displayed on the left side of the portal. To see the version number of your application, select > Application > Overview. If you want to enable a different application, click next to your current application in the portal header to display the Application menu then select Application > Switch Application to choose the application.
The Input Tabs
Located on the left side of the wizard, the tabs step you through the input screens to capture the DCO updates and additions to your application.
Selects the RuleSet and Version where you want to save the updates
Displays existing requirements you can update or you can add to the list
Displays existing actions you can update or you can add to the list
Displays a grid of existing work types, supporting types, and use cases you can update or you can add to the list. Note: if you are planning to add a new work type, you must add the class instance for the work type before completing this tab.
Allows you to review the updates and additions to the application prior to enabling the application; launches the enablement process.
Entering Wizard Data
- Enter the data in the tab.
Click on the header of a tab to display instructions that can help you complete the tab.
- Click Next >> to move to the next tab.
- Click a tab at any time to return to that tab or click << Back to return to the previous tab.
- Click Save at any time to save your input. You can open the wizard later to add information to tabs as you iterate through the process of gathering data and requirements.
- Click Cancel to cancel the wizard and resolve it with a status of Resolved-Withdrawn.
Reviewing the updates and additions
The Enable Application tab lists the updates and additions to requirements, actors, work and supporting types, and use cases that will be generated based on your input. If you want to add or update more data prior to enabling the application, click the tab you want to update or click <<Back to return to the previous screen. When finished, click Enable Applicationagain to review your changes.
Enabling the Application
- On the Enable Application tab, click Enable.
As the wizard updates the application, an animated processing symbol tracks the build process and updates the status of the updates. A displays when an update is complete. If an update cannot be made, a warning message appears. Typically, a warning message indicates a duplicate record in the system.
- At the end of this process:
- The Details tab of the application record is updated with changes to Actors, Work Types and Supporting Work Types
- Requirement rules are added or updated and linked to the application in the Requirements tab of the application rule
- Use case rules are added or updated and linked to the application in the Use Cases tab of the application rule
- When the build completes, click Finish to resolve the wizard object and display a confirmation screen. Click Restore Application if you want to undo the build.
- Click Close to exit the wizard. Click Reopen to reopen the wizard.
Restoring the Application
There may be times when you want to delete the updates to the application and start over.
- From the build screen, click Restore Application to display the list of the updates that were generated in a separate window.
- Click Delete All Listed Objects. The wizard begins to delete the updates starting at the top of the list. An animated symbol tracks the deletion process.
- Click Stop if you want to stop the delete and restore the updates.
- When all objects have been deleted, click Close.
Return to About the Direct Capture of Objectives
Previous topic DCO 6.1 - Using the Application Document Wizard Next topic DCO 6.1 - Working with Application Requirements