In Pega® Platform 7.3, project stakeholders can use the Agile Workbench tool to capture real-time feedback about an application development project directly in the application. By using the CA Agile Central (Rally) component that is available on Pega Exchange, you can continue to use a real-time Agile methodology and integrate Agile Workbench with CA Agile Central to leverage its project management features, such as real-time release status tracking, customizable dashboards for Scrum or Kanban, and advanced reporting and agile performance metrics.
As a best practice, to integrate with an external project management system such as CA Agile Central, your Pega Platform development operator ID should match your project management system user ID. However, if your IDs for the two systems are not the same, you can provide a different, valid project management user ID for CA Agile Central. On the Operator menu, click Preferences, and update the user ID in the Project management section.
Before you integrate Agile Workbench with CA Agile Central, disconnect any existing integration to a project management system. On the Integration & security tab of the Application rule form, in the Agile Workbench integration section, click Configure integration, and then click Disconnect integration.
To integrate Agile Workbench with CA Agile Central:
- Download the CA Agile Central component from Pega Exchange.
- In the Designer Studio header, click the name of your current application, and click Definition to open the Application rule form.
- On the Definition tab, in the Enabled components section, click Manage components.
- Click Install new, select the file that you downloaded from Pega Exchange, and click Open.
- Select the Enabled check box to enable this component for your application, and click OK.
- In the list of enabled components, verify the CA Agile Central component and its version, and save your changes to the rule form.
- Update the PM_CAAgileCentral Authentication Profile instance and populate it with the user ID and password that you will use to access your CA Agile Central system through REST authentication. If you want to use a method of authentication other than Basic, you must delete and re-add the PM_CAAgileCentral instance, using the same name for the new version.
- On the Integration & security tab of the Application rule form, in the Agile Workbench integration section, click Configure integration.
- Select CA Agile Central.
- Provide the API URL for CA Agile Central, and click Connect.
- Provide the following additional information about your CA Agile Central system:
- Project and release – Associate your Agile Workbench work items with a project and release by selecting an existing CA Agile Central project and release, or by creating a project and release.
- API key – Specify the API key that allows REST integration trusted access to update the API URL that you specified in step 10. You can look up this API key in your CA Agile Central application.
- Click Begin integration. All of the user stories and bugs that were created in Agile Workbench are exported to CA Agile Central and associated with the project and release that you specified in step 11. A confirmation message explains the results of the integration process.
- Click Done after the integration is complete.