Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Troubleshooting: Hotfixes for 6.1 SP2 Direct Capture of Objectives are available for self-service
Hotfixes are available to correct the following problems reported for Direct Capture of Objectives (DCO) in Process Commander Version 6.1 SP2:
- HFix-3028 Icons appear in the headers of modal windows
Icons for actions such as collapse, expand, print, and close appear in the headers of modal windows. These icons should not appear in modal windows.
Important: Install HFix-3365 before you install HFix-3028.
- HFix-3191 IE "Stop running script?" interferes with Discovery Map
When running the Application Profile or Application Accelerator for an implementation built on a CPM 6.2 application or any other large application or any large Discovery Map, you encounter the IE pop-up asking if you want to stop running the script that is causing slow performance on the Web page. These recurring IE pop-up dialogs prevent use of the Discovery Map. See HFix-3391.
- HFix-3245 Deleting a requirement breaks the Requirements list
Deleting a requirement in the Profile Review step of the Application Profile Wizard displays unexpected results in the Requirements list. Sometimes the wrong requirement is deleted; other times two requirements are deleted instead of one. The modal dialog box for a requirement shows the name of one requirement and the description of the next requirement in the list or other misaligned elements.
- HFix-3278 DCO Wizards Use Case attachments and document integration improvements
This hotfix enhances the functionality for adding and updating Use Case attachments in the Application Profile, the Application Accelerator, and Application Profile Delegation. You can attach Use Cases in a variety of formats and representations when using any DCO Wizard. Use Cases integrate seamlessly into Microsoft Word documents and files attached to Use Cases persist in the Application Profile Document and whenever you generate Use Cases.
- Before installing this hotfix, ensure that no other users are logged into the system.
- After installing this hotfix, you must regenerate libraries from the System Management Application (SMA) before running the Application Profile or Application Accelerator to experience the new Use Case Enhancements for Word Integration and Attachments. If you do not regenerate libraries, you will get errors that are difficult to recover from.
Related Hotfixes: HFix-3028, HFix-3191, HFix-3316, HFix-3391
- HFix-3302 Cannot open assignment on worklist in an Application Profile
After a master Application Profile has been updated with changes from delegated copies, you might not be able to open or reassign the profile because the property pyTemporaryObject has inadvertently been set to 'true'. This property setting causes the work object to be inoperable.
- HFix-3316 DCO cannot merge Use Cases from RTE into Microsoft Word Doc
DCO Use Case text entered into the Rich Text Editor cannot be retrieved and integrated into a Microsoft Word document before submission to the server. Update Manager will install this hotfix when you install HFix-3278, which provides Rich Text Editor functionality for DCO Use Case integration in Microsoft Word documents.
This hotfix includes HFix-3191 and HFix-3210:
HFix-3191 IE "Stop running script?" interferes with Discovery Map
HFix-3210 New API for dynamic naming of tabs in work area
- HFix-3365 Retrieve Activity missing in section with Defer Load checked
In a section with a tabbed layout, the check box Defer Load? is checked, but the Retrieve Activity text box on the Advanced tab does not display. This problem occurs intermittently.
Important: You must install this hotfix before installing HFix-3028.
- HFix-3391 IE “Stop running script” errors in DCO Discovery Map
Long lists of repeating rows cause “Stop running script” errors in Internet Explorer. The hotfix corrects this issue, which is only encountered when HFix-3191 is installed. Install this hotfix if you use DCO and have installed HFix-3191.
This hotfix includes HFix-3191 and HFix-3374:
HFix-3191 IE "Stop running script?" interferes with Discovery Map
HFix-3374 AttachFile with CallVirusCheck throws IE 'unknown runtime error'
- HFix-3400 Application Profile 'New Implementation' built on Pega FW fails
When creating a new application profile, you choose to build a New Implementation on an existing solution framework, for example, PegaFCM. After you have defined the application profile and reviewed it, generate the application, accepting all default settings in the Application Overview, and build the application. Errors occur because the Application Accelerator assumes that frameworks RuleSets are unlocked, but this is not true for Pega frameworks. This problem does not occur if you create a new application profile built on a New Framework or a New Framework & Implementation.
- HFix-3410 Duplicate Correspondence while running Application Accelerator
On the Correspondence step in the Application Profile or Application Accelerator, even though you specify correspondences with ‘same Name but different Type’, PRPC shows error messages about duplicate Correspondence.
- HFix-3552 'Stop Running This Script?' and errors for tabbed layouts
When you attempt to open a work object form, your browser session displays a secondary window displaying the message "Stop Running this Script?" After you respond to this message, the browser displays a second browser window containing an error condition. Various error conditions have been reported. This problem was reported for CPM 6.2 SP1 in the Pega Cloud for users working in the Developer portal who were attempting to open the PhoneInteractions process definition.
- After installing this hotfix, you must regenerate the Harness library.
- If you are using CPM 6.2 SP1, obtain HFix-3556 from GCS and read the Import Instructions in HFix-3556_ReadMe.txt.
- Be sure to install Hfix-3552 before installing Hfix-3556.
- HFix-3626 Discovery Map does not display screen flows properly
The Discovery Map in the Application Profile and Application Accelerator wizards does not display screen flows properly. Screen flows that are called from starting flows do not render correctly. And when screen flows with the same name are qualified for different classes, the second flow does not appear in the Discovery Map.
- HFix-3811 Application Accelerator fails for New Framework
Using the Application Accelerator to build a New Framework and Implementation based on an existing Framework Application such as CRS or an existing application can sometimes fail with improper RuleSet Version dependency errors. You may not have the necessary privileges to create the RuleSets needed to perform a local change and you should not unlock Pega RuleSets.
- HFix-3813 Use Case document edits not saved by PRPC Word Editor
Expand the Application Explorer nodes to show Application Definition - Application Use Case and check out a Use Case. Edit the Use Case Description in the PRPC Word Editor, save your changes (Save As), and check in the Use Case. When you open the Use Case document, you see the old version. Your document changes were not saved. This problem occurs with the PRPC Word Editor for Microsoft Word 2003.
- HFix-4297 Requirements links to Use Cases missing in Requirements Matrix
When running the Requirements Matrix report, you notice that there are missing links in the results from running the report on different days. You have to go back into the Use Case records and add the Requirements links again by hand. The Requirements links that are missing are associated to Use Cases that have not been updated for a long time.
- HFix-4321 Duplicate Business Objectives in Application Use Cases
The Details of existing Application Use Cases display duplicate entries in the dropdown list for Business Objectives. The hotfix corrects the activity RetrieveApplicationMetadata to check for repeated entries.
Download and install the hotfixes for Direct Capture of Objectives (DCO) and related functionality:
- Go to Hotfix Self-Service.
- From the PegaRULES Process Commander Version selection list, choose 6.1 SP2.
- Browse for the HFix you need.
Tips: Filter or sort the HFix list for a given product version.
- Most DCO HFixes are categorized as Developer Tools. To filter the list of HFixes, click the Product Area icon, check Developer Tools, and click Apply.
- If you don't find the HFix you need in the filtered list, search the entire list using the browser choice Edit -> Find on this Page.
- You can also sort the list of all HFixes by ID and browse by ID.
- Expand the SmartInfo to view the hotfix details.
- Select the HFix.
- Repeat these steps for each hotfix that you need.
- Follow the steps of the Hotfix Self-Service wizard to package and download the selected hotfixes.
- Make sure that there are no users logged into the system at the time of hotfix installation.
- You must regenerate libraries after hotfix installation for the changes to take effect.
Previous topic How to prevent IE warning 'Stop Running This Script?' when adding Application requirements Next topic About the Direct Capture of Objectives (DCO)