Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Updating customized Application Document templates with server-side document generation
When you generate system documentation by using the Document Application wizard, the process now runs on a server and not on your local client system. As a result, you might have to update custom Word Templates that you previously created with the most current Word file extension.
To update each custom Word Template rule, do the following steps:
- Open the Application Document wizard (Select a template menu.
Selecting a template in the Application Document wizard) and locate the
- Select any template that you have customized and click the magnifying glass to open the Word Template rule for that instance.
- If necessary, save the Word Template rule into an open ruleset and check it out.
- From the Word Template rule form, download the Word file that is used as the template. If it has a .doc extension, open the file in Word, save it as a .docx file, and upload it to the Word Template rule. You can also click the
An example of a default Word Template rule that does not need to be updated is displayed in the following image:
Example of a Word Template rule that does not require updating button, which is a shortcut that performs the download and upload as a part of its process.
- Save your custom Word Template rule (checking it in, if needed) and repeat these steps for each custom template that is used in the Application Document wizard.
- If you have other custom Word Template rules that are included within documentation (as described in Scenario 4 of DCO 6.1-Extending the Document Wizard), you also need to convert these from .doc to .docx format.
Previous topic How to order content in the Application Document Wizard Next topic How to add Entity Relationship diagrams and screenshots to an Application Document