Use the Application Document wizard to quickly share your application designs with stakeholders. You can create interactive, professional-looking documents that are tailored to your target audience. By using this wizard, you can save time, promote reuse, and generate meaningful project artifacts.
The following figure highlights the key features of this wizard.
Key features of the Document Application form
The number of steps and available options in the wizard depend on the type of Word template that you are using. The following templates are supported:
|Template name||Description||Available steps in the wizard|
Captures application data and details, including business processes, specifications, requirements, reports, correspondence, and interfaces.
Captures a high-level application overview and project information such as implementation time frames and sizing estimates.
Captures application specifications and linked requirements.
This article describes how to generate a document by using the Application Document template.
Prepare your system to generate a complete Application Document:
- Verify that all prerequisites are installed on your computer:
- A supported version of Internet Explorer (for capturing screen shots)
- Microsoft Visio (for viewing entity-relationship diagrams, or ERDs)
- Start the wizard from the menu or the Application Overview landing page ( ).
- Select the Create new document option to start the wizard with default settings.
- Select the name of an application in your stack from the Select an Application list.
- Select Application Document from the Select a Template list.
Running the wizard
You can complete the steps in sequential order or skip to any step by using the numbered icons in the wizard header.
To run the wizard in sequential order:
- Start the wizard by using the steps in the previous Getting started task.
- Complete the fields in Step 1: Select to define which application details, such as case types, rulesets, and flows to include in the document. Click .
- Identify the flows in your application with screens to include in the document.
- Run each flow to completion by entering realistic data. Record the work IDs for future reference.
- Complete the fields in Step 2: Define to associate your recorded work IDs with a corresponding case type. You can also use this step to create entity-relationship diagrams. Click .
- Complete the fields in Step 3: Capture to build a screen shot catalog that is based on the work IDs provided in Step 2. The images in this catalog are labeled and inserted into the document. Click .
- Complete the fields in Step 4: Order to define the order of chapters and sections in the document.
- Review your settings by clicking the and buttons.
- Generate the document.
You can generate a document during any step when you run the wizard.
To generate a document:
- Close all Word sessions. Only one Word session initiated by Pega 7 can be open at a time.
- As a best practice, click to make your current wizard settings reusable.
- When generation is complete, download the Application Document and specify a name for the document.
- Move your Application Document from the default temp directory to a shared location for distribution.
For best practices and more information about supported templates, refer to theAbout Application Documentation Wizard help topic.
For guidance on the Application Document wizard in previous releases, see: