You can create and configure REST connectors that work correctly for any standards-compliant endpoint URLs, regardless of how those URLs use query parameters. These endpoint URLs provide greater flexibility when you are working with REST integrations.
You can perform the following actions with URLs in Pega Platform™ 8.2:
- Include repeated query string parameters in a URL.
- Choose the behavior when the value of a query string parameter is empty when you send a request. You can omit the empty parameter from the request, send the empty parameter, or raise an error.
- Apply appropriate encoding for different URL components.
In most cases, you can upgrade REST connectors that you configured in earlier versions of Pega Platform to take advantage of the configuration options for a URL. However, in certain cases you cannot upgrade REST connectors that were created before Pega Platform 8.2.
The following use cases require that you use the pre-8.2 REST connectors:
- The URL is empty.
- The URL uses global resource settings.
- The base URL contains a parameter.
If you need to create a REST connector that requires one of these configuration options, in the REST connector rule form, on the Service tab, select the Use global resource settings or a parameterized host check box.
For more information about REST integrations, see Creating REST integration.