In Pega® Platform 7.3.x to 8.2.x, project stakeholders can use the Agile Workbench tool to capture real-time feedback about an application development project directly in the application. By using the Atlassian Jira component that is available from Pega Exchange, you can continue to use a real-time Agile methodology and integrate Agile Workbench with Jira to leverage its project management features, such as project and issue tracking, Scrum and Kanban support, backlog prioritization, and sprint planning.
As a best practice, to integrate with an external project management system such as Jira, your Pega Platform development operator ID should match your project management system user ID. However, if your IDs for the two systems are not the same, you can provide a different, valid project management user ID for Jira. On the Operator menu, click Preferences, and update the user ID in the Project management section.
Before you integrate Agile Workbench with Jira, disconnect any existing integration to a project management system. On the Integration & security tab of the Application rule form, in the Agile Workbench integration section, click Configure integration, and then click Disconnect integration.
To integrate Agile Workbench with Jira:
- Download the Jira component from Pega Exchange.
- In the Designer Studio header, click the name of your current application, and click Definition to open the Application rule form.
- On the Definition tab, in the Enabled components section, click Manage components.
- Click Install new, select the file that you downloaded from Pega Exchange, and click Open.
- Select the Enabled check box to enable this component for your application, and click OK.
- In the list of enabled components, verify the Jira component and its version, and save your changes to the rule form.
- Update the PM_Jira_AuthProfile Authentication Profile instance and populate it with the user ID and password that you will use to access your Jira system through REST authentication. If you want to use a method of authentication other than Basic, you must delete and re-add the PM_Jira_AuthProfile instance, using the same name for the new version.
- In Designer Studio, click the operator icon, and then click Preferences.
- In the Project management section, in the User ID field, enter your Jira user ID, and then click Save.
- On the Integration & security tab of the Application rule form, in the Agile Workbench integration section, click Configure integration.
- Select Jira.
- Provide the API URL for Jira, and click Connect.
- Associate your Agile Workbench work items with a project and release by selecting an existing Jira project and release, or by creating a project and release.
- Click Begin integration. All of the user stories and bugs that were created in Agile Workbench are exported to Jira and associated with the project and release that you specified in step 11. A confirmation message explains the results of the integration process.
- Click Done after the integration is complete.