This presentation is part of the Services and Connectors Self-Study Course.
At a high level, application integration is the ability of one application to talk to another application through a series of requests and responses.
The conversation between two programs is as follows:
- The calling application transforms data to be packaged up in the request
- The request is sent to another application (the receiving application)
- The receiving application parses out data from the request
- The receiving application performs some processing
- The receiving application transforms data to be packaged up in the response
- The response is sent back to the calling application
- The calling application parses out data from the response
As you will see later, in PRPC there are many ways in which you can integrate your PRPC application to the external world, and they all support this basic definition of integration.