Promote the most important action on a page by adding a floating action button to your mobile app. For example, you can add a floating action button that starts a case flow for creating a new expense report in your Expenses mobile app.
You configure a floating action button by adding and modifying the Button control on the main content section of your page. With the floating action button at the bottom of the page, users can trigger the primary action on a page with one convenient tap. A page can have only one floating action button, so only the last one that you add appears in the mobile app at run time.
- In the header of App Studio, click Preview application, and then enter the design mode by clicking Design.
- Expand the Pages pane, and then select the page that you want to open.
- On the page, hover over the main content section that you want to modify, and then click the Edit icon.
- In the live design view editor, add the Button
control to your section:
- In the design pane on the right side of the screen, click the Add icon.
- In the Add pane, expand the Controls section, and then, in the Action category, click the Add to view icon next to the Button control.
- Close the Add pane.
- Set an icon for the Button control:
- In the design pane on the right side of the screen, click the Edit icon next to the Button control.
- In the Button pane, on the General tab, in the Image source list, select Icon class.
- Next to the Class field, click the Open the icon class picker icon.
- In the Icon class picker window, select the icon that you want to use for the Button.
- Click Apply.
- Configure the Button control as a floating action
- In the Button pane, on the Presentation tab, select the Set as Floating Action Button (FAB) check box.
- Optional: To specify the background and font color of the floating action button, in the Control format list, select the format that you want to use.
- Click Apply.
- Add an action that users trigger when they tap the floating action button on
the mobile app page:
- In the Button pane, click Add action sets.
- In the action set configuration window that opens, click Create an action set.
- Click .
- Click , and then select an action that you want to use in your floating action button.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply, and then close the Button pane.
- In the upper-right corner, click Exit design mode.
- Authoring mobile list pages
Improve the responsiveness and load time of the user interface in your mobile app by displaying the content of your app as a mobile list page. This way, you enhance your mobile app with a native screen that has fluent transitions and a search bar in the header by default.
- Adding a search gadget
Improve the usability of your mobile app by configuring and enabling the search functionality. You can guarantee more meaningful search results and increase the speed of the search by limiting the scope of the search to specific case types.
- Adding items to the menu bar
Create effective navigation experience in your mobile app by adding pages and actions to the menu bar. For example, you can add a custom profile page to the menu bar of your Expenses app so that users can conveniently access the screen with their basic contact information.