Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Disabling server-side postprocessing in offline cases
Avoid redundant processing of actions and increase app performance by disabling server-side postprocessing in offline-enabled cases.For example, in an offline-enabled mobile app for expense reporting, you have postprocessing actions that increase a counter property on a work page from an offline-enabled case type that lists all submitted reports. This increase is an action that the app must perform only once, so you can configure the app to only perform these actions on the client by skipping the server-side postprocessing of actions for this case type.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the Offline category.
- In the Case type section, next to the case type for which you want to disable server-side processing, click the Edit configuration icon.
- In the case type configuration dialog box, expand the Advanced section.
- Select the Perform post-processing only on client check box.
- On the mobile channel rule form, click Save.
Previous topic Limiting offline packaging to data from the user's worklist Next topic Configuring external temporary storage options for attachments in offline mode