Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Enabling case processing in offline-enabled mobile apps
Improve the usability of your mobile app with offline functionality. With an offline-enabled mobile app, users can advance existing cases, create new cases, and open pages, even if the users' mobile devices cannot connect with the server.
For example, on a business trip to a destination with limited connectivity, users can create new expense reports, or open and edit current reports by adding comments and attachments.
- Create a Pega Platform application and configure a mobile channel for the application. For more information, see Designing applications for offline mode and Setting up mobile apps.
- Ensure that you have a case type that you can use in the offline-enabled mobile app, and that the case type only uses features that are supported in offline mode. For more information about offline-supported features, see Understanding offline features. For more information about creating a case type, see Creating a top-level case type.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the General category.
- In the Offline section, select the Enable offline support check box.
- On the Configuration tab, click the Offline category.
- In the Offline support section, manage the case types that are
Choices Actions Add a case type
- Click Add case type.
- In the Available case types window, select the check box next to the case type that you want to add.
- Click Submit.
Remove a case type from the list Next to the case type that you want to remove, click the Remove icon.
- Configure the navigation experience in the offline-enabled mobile app by replacing the
native My Work page with a web-based Worklist page.Offline-enabled mobile apps do not support the native worklist component.
For more information about adding and removing navigation pages, see Adding items to the menu bar.
- Click Save.
Users can create cases and complete assignments from the worklist without network access. When the offline-enabled mobile app connects to a network, data synchronization communicates all the necessary changes between the mobile app and the server.
- Creating offline configuration templates
Determine the elements that are a part of your offline-enabled mobile app package by creating offline configuration templates. For example, create a template in which you add custom images and icons, to make them available in offline mode.
Previous topic Designing the user interface of offline-enabled mobile apps Next topic Creating offline configuration templates