Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Exporting an unsigned iOS app
After you build a Pega Platform application, you can export a
mobile app in a form of an unsigned
xarchive.zip file. This way, you can
sign your mobile app locally in a development environment of your choice. When you sign your
mobile app locally, you do not upload a signing certificate to Pega Platform,
and therefore do not violate your company's security policies.
- Generate several certificates in the Apple Developer Portal:
- Mobile provisioning certificate
- Distribution certificate
- Optional: a widget provisioning certificate
- Optional: Apple Push Notification service (APNs) certificate
- Configure mobile app settings. For more information, see Developing mobile apps.
- On the Build your application panel, select the iOS switch.
- Set up a certificate set for the app:
- If an unsigned certificate set does not exist, create an unsigned certificate set. For more information, see Creating an unsigned iOS certificate set.
- If an unsigned certificate set already exists, select an existing unsigned certificate set. You might have to click Modify build to display the list.
- Optional: Specify mobile app versioning by expanding the App
- In the Version field, enter the release version for your app.
- Select the Set build version check box, and in the field that appears, enter the build version for your app.
- Optional: To build a specific version of the app, select the version of the client that you want
to use.For more information, see Selecting a specific client version.
- Click Save.
- Click Build now.
xarchive.zipfile and sign it locally in a development environment of your choice.
Previous topic Generating installation packages Next topic Selecting a specific client version