Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Generating installation packages
Convert your application into an app that users can install on their mobile devices. You can generate both Android and iOS apps, which helps you meet the needs of a wide array of mobile users.
- Ensure that you use a secure HTTPS connection and an SSL certificate from a trusted vendor.
- Create a certificate set for the app. For more information, see Creating an iOS certificate set or Creating an Android certificate set.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- In the mobile preview on the right side of the screen, select the operating system for
To keep your software up-to-date, rebuild the app after every configuration change. You can follow the status of your app on the icons next to the operating system buttons:
- To generate an Android app, click the Build Android app button.
- To generate an iOS app, click the Build iOS app button.
- Check mark
- The build is up-to-date.
- Refresh icon
- The build does not include the latest changes.
- Clock icon
- The build is in progress.
- Warning icon
- The previous build has failed.
- In the Certificate set list, select the certificate set for your app.
- Optional: To select which events appear in the log, in the Logging level
list, configure the log settings:
- To turn off logging, select Silent.
- To receive logs about serious errors, select Error.
- To receive logs about events that might have negative consequences, select Warning.
- To receive logs about run-time events, select Info.
- To receive logs about all events for debugging, select Debug.
- Optional: To enable debugging for Android apps, select the Enable
debugging check box.
Note: Mobile users can update Android apps to newer versions only if both versions have the same debug signing information in the signing certificate. When updating a mobile app, ensure that you select the same debugging option for the new version as the option selected for the current version.
- To assign a specific version number to your app, select the
Set explicit build version check box, and then enter the exact
version and build of the app.By default, the first app build is marked as version
0.0.1, and the final number increments by one with every rebuild. By entering an explicit build version, you override this setting.
- Click Build app.
Previous topic Mobile certificates page Next topic Exporting an unsigned iOS app