Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Limiting offline packaging to data from the user's worklist
Decrease the duration of data synchronization and limit the amount of data that the offline-enabled mobile app downloads, by implementing optimistic packaging for offline-enabled case types during data synchronization. With optimistic packaging, the app only packages and downloads the current flow that is active on the user's worklist.For example, in an offline-enabled app for expense reporting, users might only need to access a flow in which they attach a receipt scan to a group expense report. Therefore, you can implement optimistic packaging for an expense submission case type to improve the app performance in offline mode.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the Offline category.
- In the Case type section, next to the case type for which you want to adjust the packaging, click the Edit configuration icon.
- In the case type configuration dialog box, expand the Advanced section.
- Select the Available offline only when in user's worklist check box.
- In the dialog box, click OK.
- On the mobile channel rule form, click Save.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Decision category, and then click When.
- In the list of when rule instances, search for the
pyPackageAssignmentFlows when rule, and then set it to
true=true.This rule is available in the @baseclass class and is set to false by default. For more information, see When Condition rules.
- On the when rule form, click Save.
Previous topic Disabling processing of attachments and signatures in offline mode Next topic Disabling server-side postprocessing in offline cases