When you develop a mobile app for an application, preview the mobile channel on a mobile device after each change that influences the application. For example, generate a preview after you add a page, change the layout, or modify the flow.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click a tile that corresponds to the mobile channel that you want to modify.
- In the upper-right corner of the mobile channel configuration page, click the Pega mobile preview icon.
- On your mobile device, open Pega Mobile Preview, and then tap Start configuring.
- On the channel definition screen, add your mobile channel to the list of available
Choices Actions Scan the QR code Tap Scan the QR code, point the camera to the QR code on the Preview your application pane, and then wait for the reader to recognize the code. Enter the URL of the mobile channel
In the Active list, you can add more channels to by tapping the Add icon, or remove channels by swiping them left or right.
- In App Studio, on the mobile channel configuration page, in the Preview your application pane, click Email me instructions.
- With your default e-mail client, send the e-mail message to a mailbox that you can access from your mobile device.
- On your mobile device, open the message, and then copy the URL of the mobile channel.
- In Pega Mobile Preview, tap Enter URL manually, and then paste the mobile channel address.
- In the Active list, tap the channel that you want to access.
- On the authentication screen, log in to the channel.
- Test the mobile channel to ensure that the layout and functionality of the mobile app meet the requirements.
- Optional: To update the mobile channel after you modify the mobile app in Pega Platform, refresh the channel:
Choices Actions Refresh the current screen
- Swipe down the contents of the screen.
Refresh the mobile channel
- On any screen of the current mobile channel, tap the Back icon.
- In the Active list, tap the name of the mobile channel.
- Setting up mobile apps
Create a mobile channel to configure, customize, and generate your mobile app. For example, you can set up a mobile channel for an expense reporting application, to build a mobile app that supports users who work away from their desks.
- Adding content to mobile apps
Enhance the content of your mobile app by managing the out-of-the-box user interface pages or adding custom ones. For example, you can create a native page with a list of pending expense reports that managers can process. You can further improve the user experience in your mobile app by implementing native components, such as mobile search or a floating action button.
- Enhancing mobile apps
Increase the usability and improve the user engagement of your mobile app by enabling and implementing features that ensure a modern mobile experience. You can customize your mobile app and tailor it to both your business needs, and the needs of the users.