- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the Offline category.
- In the Offline support section, select the Enable offline support check box.
- Manage the case types that are available offline:
Choices Actions Add a case type
- Click Add case type.
- In the modal dialog box for offline case type configuration, select the check
box next to each case type for which you want to enable offline support.
- Click Submit.
Remove a case type Next to the case type that you want to remove, click the Remove icon.
- On the Content tab, click the Navigation
category, and then configure the navigation experience in the offline-enabled app by
replacing the native worklist page with a web-based page:
- In the row with the native My Work page, click the Remove icon on the rightmost side of the row.
- Click .
For more information about adding and removing navigation pages, see Adding items to the menu bar.
- Enable access to web-based pages in offline mode:
For more information about building offline-compatible pages, see Designing the user interface of offline-enabled mobile apps.
- In the row for the web-based page, click the Edit configuration icon.
- In the modal dialog box for page configuration, clear the Display online version of page check box.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
- Creating offline configuration templates
Determine the elements that are a part of your offline-enabled mobile app package by creating offline configuration templates. For example, create a template in which you add custom images and icons, to make them available in offline mode.