- In the footer of Dev Studio, click the Clipboard icon.
- In the Clipboard tool, in the Thread list, select the status conflict case that you want to investigate.
- In the clipboard navigation pane, expand the User Pages section, and then expand the pyWorkPage (Pega-Work-OfflineSync) subsection.
- In the pyWorkPage (Pega-Work-OfflineSync) subsection, click pySyncErrorCase.
- On the pySyncErrorCase clipboard page, compare the field values with the field values of the corresponding case on the server and decide how to proceed.
- Optional: To gain more insight about the corresponding case status conflict, in the clipboard navigation pane, click pyWorkPage (Pega-Work-OfflineSync), and then analyze the value of the pySyncErrorMessages field.
Address the conflict by analyzing the case data from the client and by deciding how to proceed with the corresponding case on the server. Pega Platform stores the case data from the client on the pySyncErrorCase clipboard page.
For example: For example, a uPlus employee submits an expense report through the designated
company app, and then switches the mobile device to airplane mode because of a business
flight. During the flight, the employee, whose app is now in offline mode, decides to
make changes to the expense details and resubmit the case. The changes are queued for
synchronization after regaining connectivity. However, at the same time, the employee's
manager approves the expense report in the web application. After the employee gets off
the plane and goes online, the app synchronizes with the server and a case status
conflict arises because the case has a Resolved status on
the server and a Pending approval status on the client.
Pega Platform creates a status conflict case that contains the
data that the employee updated during the flight, and then routes the status conflict
case to the system administrator. The system administrator analyzes both the original
case on the server and the status conflict case, and then decides to reopen the original
case, add the changes made by the employee, and then route the updated case to the
manager for approval.