- Open your mobile channel:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the Offline category.
- In the Case type section, next to the case type for which you want to configure routing of case status conflicts, click the Edit configuration icon.
- In the case type configuration dialog box, in the Select work queue for case status conflicts list, select the work queue to which you want to route status conflict cases, and then click OK.
- On the mobile channel rule form, click Save.
- Enabling support for components in offline mode
Make all elements of your offline-enabled mobile app work as designed, by populating the list of offline-supported components.
- Excluding data pages from packaging in offline-enabled mobile apps
Improve the performance of your offline-enabled mobile app by excluding data pages from the app installation package. For example, exclude a resource-heavy data page from packaging when you plan to replace the data page with a large data page that is optimized for offline mode.
- Excluding data pages from delta synchronization in offline-enabled mobile apps
Optimize data exchange and save time when your offline-enabled mobile app synchronizes with the server, by excluding data pages from the delta synchronization process. For example, you can exclude a large data page with a list of countries that does not change often and therefore does not have to be packaged during delta synchronization.
- Making custom resources available in offline mode
Ensure that your mobile app displays custom resources and continues the process flow in offline mode by including the resources in the app installation package. For example, you can add offline support for a custom font that matches your company's branding guidelines.