To receive the notifications, users must install the app on a device and sign in to the app at least once.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, access the push console by clicking the Manage tab.
- In the Push notifications section, click the Push new notification button.
- In the Send push notification window, click the Test tab, and then click the Test push connection button.
- If errors occur, click Download log to obtain more information about the cause of the issue.
- In the Send push notification window, click the
Live tab, and then select the target audience for the push
- To send the message to all users of the mobile app, click Everyone.
- To send the message only to specific users, click Recipient list, and then enter a space-separated list of operator IDs.
- In the Message field, enter your message, and then click the Send now button.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To verify the status of the messages that you send from the push notification console,
review the push notification history:
- In the Push notifications section, analyze the list of
previously sent messages to various users of your app.If a recipient signs in to the app on more than one device, the list includes several entries for the recipient, which are grouped in the Audience column.
- Optional: To display a list of intended recipients of the message, in the Audience column, click the target audience that you want to investigate.
- Optional: To clear the contents of the push notification history, click Clear
history.This action permanently removes the current message history.
- In the Push notifications section, analyze the list of previously sent messages to various users of your app.
- Configuring push notifications for Android apps
Keep the users up-to-date with various events in your business process by enabling automatic push notifications in your mobile app for Android devices.
- Configuring push notifications for iOS apps
Keep the users up-to-date with various events in your business process by configuring push notification support in your mobile app for iOS devices.