Troubleshoot mobile apps and support app users by retrieving and analyzing logs specific to a selected mobile device.
You can retrieve logs from the device of a specific user when the user restarts the app, and incorporate the logs in the Pega log files. For easier access, Pega Platform stores the retrieved log entries in a separate log file that is specific to mobile devices.
Retrieving mobile device logs
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- Click the Manage tab.
- In the Retrieve device log section, in the Operator ID field, select the user ID for which you want to retrieve the logs.
- In the Log level field, select the type of events that you want
to include in the device logs:
- To retrieve logs about serious errors, select Error.
- To retrieve logs about events that might have negative consequences, select Warning.
- To retrieve logs about run-time events, select Info.
- To retrieve logs about all events for debugging, select Debug.
- To retrieve logs about all available events, such as localization updates, select Verbose.
- In the Log history section, select the time period for which you
want to retrieve the logs:
- To retrieve all logs that are stored on the device for the mobile app, click All available history.
- To retrieve logs for a specified period, click Specify a date range, and then select the start and end dates in the Universal Time (UTC) time zone.
- Click Retrieve log.
Viewing mobile device logs
View and analyze the log to proactively investigate and troubleshoot possible issues.
- On the Manage tab, click View log history on the right side of the screen.
- In the Log Files window, in the File columns,
- Optional: To filter the displayed log entries, in the Filter by field, enter the phrase that you want the entries to include, and then click Apply.