Help users begin their work without unnecessary delays by enabling caching in offline-enabled mobile apps and including the cached data in the app executable files. By caching common rules and storing them in the app bundle, you ensure that the app starts faster when users launch it for the first time.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the Offline category.
- Expand the Advanced section, and then, in the Caching section, select the Cache common rules check box.
- Optional: To control the caching of node-scope data pages, perform one of the following sets of
- To cache specific node-scope data pages in addition to common rules, select Additionally cache node scope data pages listed below, and then enter the names of the node-scope data pages.
- To cache all node-scope data pages, select Additionally cache all node scope data pages except for those listed below.
- To cache all node-scope data pages in addition to common rules, but also exclude specific node-scope data pages from caching, select Additionally cache all node scope data pages except for those listed below, and then enter the names of the node-scope data pages that you want to exclude.
- Optional: To include the cached data in the app executable file for even faster startup, select the Include cache contents in the installation package check box.
- Click Save.