Enhance the overall user experience by configuring the search in a mobile app. For example, modify the search parameters and define the scope of the search in your app.
- Open the mobile channel interface.
- On the Layout tab, in the Layout section, hover over the Search widget, click Configure, and then follow the instructions in the dialog box.
- On the Search configuration form, create an instance of the rule
with pySearchConfiguration as identifier:
The rule resolution algorithm in Pega Platform prioritizes your specialized or checked-in rules over the default one.
- To create a new version of the rule in the application ruleset, expand the
Save as menu, and then click Specialize by class or
For more information, see Creating a rule specialized by circumstance.
- To create a new version of the rule in the private ruleset of an operator, click
For more information, see Performing a private edit.
- To create a new version of the rule in the application ruleset, expand the Save as menu, and then click Specialize by class or ruleset.
- In the Online search configuration section, enter the minimum number of characters that the user must enter to initiate the search.
- Optional: To provide the users with more comprehensive search results, configure the search
categories.For more information, see Configuring categories for mobile search.
- Click Save.
- Native search capability in mobile apps
Mobile apps that you develop in Pega Platform do not provide search by default. Since search is critical and provides the user with a quick and a customized way to look for content within the app, you must add the native search capability to the app separately. This improves the overall user experience of the mobile app by providing the needed speed and responsiveness.
- Configuring categories for mobile search
Provide mobile app users with more comprehensive search results by limiting the scope of the search to the categories that you define. For example, you can add a search category that displays the name and email of a person that matches the search parameters.
- Configuring a search action in a mobile app
To use the native search capability in a mobile app, you must define a mobile search action in the user interface. You can define the mobile search action anywhere within a section. For example, you can define this action for a button. When a user clicks that button, a native search is enabled so that the user can more quickly find the relevant content.