To source large data pages from a connector, activity, or data transform, create and configure a data page that you later declare as large.
- Create the data page:
For more information, see Creating a data page.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Create Data Page window, in the
Label field, enter a name for the data page,
for example, Expenses.Pega Platform automatically creates an identifier for the data page, for example, D_Expenses. Do not remove the D_ from the beginning of the name.
- In the Context section, specify the corresponding class and ruleset.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Edit Data Page tab, on the
Definition tab, in the Data page
definition section, define the data page as follows:
- In the Structure list, select List.
- In the Object type field, enter the name of the data type that you created in Creating a data type when sourcing large data pages from a connector, activity, or data transform.
- In the Scope list, select the scope of the data
Tip: For best performance, in the Scope list, select Node.
- In the Data Sources section, set the connector, activity,
or data transform as the source of the data page:
- In the Source list, select the corresponding source type, for example, Connector.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the connector, activity, or data transform that you created.
- Optional: To configure a refresh strategy for data pages, on the Load
Management tab, in the Refresh strategy
section, define the parameters for refreshing the data page.For more information, see Configuring the refresh strategy for data pages.
Note: Do not use the Do Not Reload When refresh strategy with the pyModificationDateTime time stamp.
- In the upper-right corner of the data page tab, click Save.
- Add at least one record to the data page.For more information, see Adding records to a data object.